November 9, 2023
09:30 - 15:30
Navigator Law Ltd
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- Cancellations for residential courses must be advised 6 weeks prior to the event.
for Heads, Deputes, Bursars, HR Managers
We are delighted to facilitate our annual Employment Law Masterclass in partnership with Navigator Law.
The session will be led by Alan Sutherland, who is Head of Employment Law at Navigator and has wide experience of working with independent schools.
- Obtain a practical understanding of how to deal with the employment law issues which most frequently arise within the independent school sector, relating to both teachers and support staff.
- Be able to work on case studies during the session so as to build confidence in dealing with existing employment issues.
- Benefit from practical tips.
- Dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues against the background of the ACAS Code of Practice.
- Proactively managing performance issues and implementing a formal performance management process.
- Dealing with repeated short-term absences or long-term absence, how to assess whether staff members are protected by disability discrimination law and what impact that has.
Places are limited to 12 participants, hence early registration is advised.
***Please register as soon as possible***