November 16, 2023
09:30 - 14:00
DoubleTree by Hilton Dunblane Hydro
To register for the waiting list, please email Info@scis.org.uk
Cancellation and refund policy
- Cancellations must be advised by email 5 working days prior to the event.
- A refund will not be granted if a registrant fails to attend or cancels within 5 working days prior to the event.
- We welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost.
- Cancellations for residential courses must be advised 6 weeks prior to the event.
All Junior School Heads are warmly invited to this residential.
Morning: Opening talk: Leading from the Middle
Ewan McIntosh and his team at NoTosh do more strategy in a year than a Head of School might see in a lifetime. But after you’ve got the strategy, the goals and the plan, how do you ensure that ideas become action, and that action leads to impact? Ewan explains how to ensure that anyone in a school community - from aspiring leader, classroom teacher, or school leader to the Chair of the Board - understands what it takes to move from big ideas to concrete steps.
Workshop: The Pre-Mortem
Too many great initiatives and ideas hit the rocks early because community members or colleagues struggle with the change that’s involved. A pre-mortem helps a leader explore what the prospective challenges to a new initiative might be, and how to overcome them without falling for compromise. This is a highly interactive workshop, where Heads will work in small teams on a real challenge shared by them.
Afternoon: Difficult Conversations
Ruth Gladwell, HR Business Partner at Navigator Law will lead the session. Combining key skills in conflict resolution, with the aim of laying the foundation of building and strengthening these skills.
Your takeaways will include:
- An understanding of key Conflict Management tools
- Confidence to hold a difficult conversation
- Knowledge of how you can address and transform a difficult conversation
Day Two: Community of Practice
This session will form a community of practice, which will provide an opportunity for colleagues to reflect and share current practice in their schools. Agenda items are requested in advance to email@example.com.
***The conference will conclude following lunch on 17 November.***